Sunday, November 25, 2012

Trapped by food

All my life, I've been trapped by food. I like to eat and for the most part, it has shown. I've never been skinny and clothes can sometimes be a hassle. Especially if I'm at the tipping point on the scales. Currently, I've been working my way back down in an attempt to look decent for my upcoming wedding. Today, however, was not a good day. At least as far as the scale is concerned. My brain, stomach, and taste buds, however, thought today ROCKED! Real food was coming in and they were having a blast. Because we all knew that it was quickly coming to an end. That I'd be back on the wagon first thing Monday morning and processed protein products were coming back. So, imagine my surprise, when I literally became trapped by food this evening. On top of the marriage, the house is getting a redo and the construction crew is planning on demolishing the existing kitchen tomorrow morning. I cleaned everything out, except the refrigerator, and made the profoundly stupid move of trying to "slide" it out of my galley kitchen. It didn't work. And I got stuck behind the damned thing in the tiny space behind it. Yes, I panicked. And yes, I did call upon my inner David Banner-Hulk strength to get the thing finally out of the way. I also smashed off the knob to my dishwasher in the process. So, once again, food has attempted to block my path in life. And once again, I've mustered up the power to get past it. That is, until the sneaky bastard tries his next move...

No comments:

Post a Comment