Monday, July 29, 2013

Oh, yeah, this thing...

It's been a while. Quite a while, as a matter of fact, since I've sat down and written on this blog. I'd like to blame it all on my wedding and the preparations. But the truth of the matter is, I'm lazy.

That's not an easy thing to admit to as a personal failing. I'd rather say that I procrastinate. But that seems a little too PC for what is actually going on. Hell, we're 3 solid months, rolling up on 4 and I haven't sent out my thank you cards for the wedding gifts. See...lazy.

There are so many tasks that need to be taken care of around the house and yet I seem to fritter away what little time I have on sleeping, reading, and doing the minimal tasks needed to survive such as laundry and food shopping. And now, it's not just me feeling the brunt of my sloth and indifference. There's now a husband in the mix and it makes me feel like a bad wife. Not bad enough to actually DO anything about it. Just bad enough for me to mentally beat myself up several times a week.

I'll console myself with the fact that the laundry is done. It's about 7:30 in the morning. And I can use the time to start really working on those thank you cards. I'll get to it right after I read my book and maybe take a little nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment